Monday 7 January 2019

Fiasco


You would think organising oneself to go along and see a movie would be a simple task.

Not so. 

This comedy of errors, (depending on your sense of humour) started last week, when I lined up for a ticket to see an early morning session of The Children Act. Too late - the session was sold out.

How can this be? I looked around and though Monday’s are popular - the reduced Monday prices makes them a big draw among the Senior age group - there seemed to be people everywhere.  Where did all these people come from?  It’s holidays.  Why aren’t they all down at the beach, not cluttering up the cinema?

The following week I smartened up my ideas and behaved proactively. I purchased a ticket the day prior. Easy peasy.

This pro-activity might have worked if I hadn’t pootled around the next morning and then realised when I stood on the station platform and had to wait for a train that I would be lucky to make this session as well. This is exactly what happened. Undaunted, I asked for a ticket for the evening session on the same day.  Sold out!  Again!

As it happened that was as well; when the time came around in the later afternoon when I would have travelled into the city, a great weariness overcame me and I was sound asleep in my favourite chair.

The fiasco continues…..


Rock detail. Warrumbungle National Park NSW   
                                         circa November 2006

2 comments:

  1. I don't know whether you ever got to see the film, but it is crap. I wrote about it at the time I saw it. Unbelieveable, and badly cast. The boy is not attractive or anything and he needed to be to make it have any credibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for better things than crap. However, if it is as bad as you say, then that will complete the whole fiasco.
    A.

    ReplyDelete