Wednesday 30 January 2019

Xpository


The dreaded word which stalked me all through Year 11 English.

Recently I was shuffling paper around in the archaeological dig at the Trash Palace and when the word expository leapt up off the page at me, I reeled back in horror.

I returned to secondary school in 2010, after an absence of 50 years. I discovered I had much to learn. In that year of 2010 I often wondered how I had managed to get through life, keep a job, keep a roof over my head and keep the wolf from the door.

I did all this without having the faintest idea about writing an expository essay.

How did this happen?

And now, every time I sit down to write a post for this blog, I am providing information to the reader (imaginary or otherwise) about a particular subject/topic. It may well be a particularly dull and boring subject/topic but nonetheless I have written ………. (drum roll) ………………an expository post.

How good is that?


                  Kangaroo Paws  - Dandenong Ranges. January 2005                   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment