Monday 11 February 2019

Inadvertently stealing from the supermarket

 

When I came home from the supermarket today I unpacked the shopping and put it away.  Job done.

Later in the afternoon I picked up the Kitty Bag, a carry-all which accompanies me on most shopping expeditions. It felt heavier than usual; I looked inside and what should be sitting there but a mango. I knew immediately what had happened.

I have shoplifted a mango from the supermarket. I popped it into the carry-all, not the shopping bag and did not produce it at the check-out. It was definitely on the shopping list but not on the shop-lifting list.

What to do?

There are a couple of options. Do nothing.  Keep the mango, after all the supermarket has far more money than I and it’s not as if I make a regular practice of shoplifting, goody-two-shoes that I am.

However, I settle for another option; the next time I am at the supermarket I buy a mango and then circle around and put it back on the stand.

Debt paid.






No comments:

Post a Comment