Friday 15 February 2019

Novels of great length

 Somewhere online recently, I read about the ten longest novels ever.

I was curious to see whether I had read any of them so I followed the link and this is what I found.

The Quick 10: The 10 Longest Novels Ever

By Stacey Conradi

May 16, 2008

 

1.       The Blah Story – Nigel Tomm

2.       Marienbad My Love – Mark Leach

3.       Artamene – Madeleine de Scudary

4.       A la recherche du temps perdu – Marcel Proust

5.       Mission Earth – L. Ron Hubbard

6.       Gordana – Marija Juri Zagorka

7.       Sironia, Texas – Madison Cooper

8.       Clarissa – Samuel Richardson

9.       A Dance to the Music of Time – Anthony Powell

10.   Poor Fellow My Country – Xavier Herbert

 

The Blah Story seems to be aptly titled, it has over three million words and runs to 7,312 pages.  If I found a book now that had 700 pages, I would be a very reluctant reader.

Many years ago, when I had time to read a long book, I read Poor Fellow My Country.

As for the rest, there is absolutely no chance they will make my reading list nowadays.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment