Wednesday 6 February 2019

Everyday life


Among the blogs I read there are a handful which relate the daily activities of particular bloggers.

These are popular blogs and the comments lead me to think people are happy to write/read about everyday lives and stay away from the big, contentious issues which might impact on other people in other parts of the world.

Keeping close to home is safe; not a lot of harm can come to you if you mind your own business, stay behind your own front gate and above all, not hold an opinion on controversial subjects.

When I considered the idea of posting about my daily activities and I researched the most popular activities, the realisation dawned on me that I don’t even have the requisite daily activities to make this idea workable.

A quick straw poll on a handful of blogs I read on a regular basis showed me how short I am on the usual blogging talk points.

Here is a list of the leading topics.

       Spouse                                                            
                                                Children                                 
                                                Grandchildren                                                  
                                                Garden                                
                                                Pets/animals     

And the following list shows how I might fit into the above scheme: 
       Spouse
                                                Children
                                                Grandchildren
                                                Garden
                                                Pets/animals

Not a lot happening is there?

Ah well, I’ll simply have to be creative.

Further thinking about this dilemma leads me to considering posts instead of comments.  Often, I have thoughts on posts which would more than fill the comment box – not that stops other people from shoe-horning what could pass for a blog post, into the comment box.

I’ll give the situation more consideration.






Arts Centre, Melbourne                                              circa 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment